You Can Keep Yourself Safe: Touching Safety & Stranger Safety (Digital Download)
Product Code: DL5137
Grade Level: 5-8
Media Type: MP4
*** This is a digital download version ***
Through age-appropriate vignettes, students will learn the difference between a safe touch and an unsafe touch. Students will come to understand that any touch whether it’s a high-five, a handshake, a kick, a fist bump, a punch, or a kiss can be labeled safe or unsafe depending on the situation and whether or not someone agrees to the touch. The video reinforces the message that only YOU can decide if it’s a safe touch or an unsafe touch and that YOU set the boundaries. Viewers will also come to know about “private parts” of the body and that nobody should ever touch your “private parts” with a few exceptions.
Students will learn what they can do when they feel uncomfortable with a touch and determine it is an unsafe touch. Students will understand the importance of saying STOP and repeating it over and over again until the perpetrator complies. They will come to realize that they’re in charge of their body and that only they can decide if it’s a safe or unsafe touch.
4 out of 5 sexual assaults are committed by someone known to the victim. Students will learn to never keep a secret, especially when it comes to unsafe touches. Many students who are sexually assaulted have feelings of anger or guilt that present through dramatic changes in behavior and attitude. In the video, students will learn the importance of not keeping secrets and the need to get help by telling the secret to a trusted adult.
Today, trafficking children for sexual exploitation is the fastest growing criminal enterprise in the world. Through coercion and deception teens and young women are forced into the sex trade. In this program, students will come to understand the tactics and methods “strangers” use to manipulate and recruit their victims. Students will learn the warning signs and learn what to do to avoid potentially dangerous situations.
- Understand the difference between a safe touch and an unsafe touch.
- Realize that each person establishes their own safe touch and unsafe touch boundaries.
- Recognize that sexual assault is never the child’s fault.
- Report ALL incidents of unsafe touches to a trusted adult.
- Awareness of potential stranger-danger situations
- Never take or send inappropriate or compromising pictures of you or anyone else.
Run Time: 20
Digital Download Content
For purchases made with “Purchase Order” payment method, it may take up to 1 business day to gain access to download content.
Instruction on how to download the file:
- You will have access to download the file(s) once you completed your purchase.
- Go to My Account->Downloads-> Click on the format and save the file your computer.
- File download limit is 2 times per purchase.
- Download time depends on your internet speed.
If you are experiencing issues with the download and/or exceed your limits, please contact customer support, firstname.lastname@example.org
** This product is non-returnable and non-refundable. **